Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Book 33: Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman

I hesitate to write this entry after reading/listening to this book for fear that I will be targeted by scientologists...

I decided to pick up this book after years of bad-mouthing scientology with little knowledge about the "religion."  I figured that I should learn something about it...  Now I feel like I can talk bad about scientology.  This "religion" is seriously messed up.  Forced abortions, kidnapping, extortion, money laundering, etc...  And because there are a few rich and famous scientologists, they get what they want.  In fact, their method of brainwashing new recruits is being sold to Title One schools as a way to help students pass standardized tests under a non-scientology name.  Crazy. 

If you are at all interested in scientology, I would recommend this book.  It does get bogged down in some details, but with a genuine reporter as the author, I would expect no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment