Thursday, September 27, 2012

Book 29: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling

I listened to this book after finishing the wonderful Bossypants by Tina Fey.  This book, in comparison, was a little disappointing.  While I find Mindy funny, smart, and beautiful, this book paints her as a stereotypical female airhead.  She worries about her weight, her clothing, boys, etc.  Ugh.  I'm so far past that point in my life that I was just bored by her story.  There were a couple of funny parts, but I can't remember them now, which should say something...

I'm really afraid that, somehow, Mindy Kaling will read this review and think that I'm a horrible person...  I'm sure that's unfounded as this is such a minuscule blog, but stranger things have happened.  So I want to make it perfectly clear that this book did not speak to me as a 33 year old mother of five who only shops for herself once or twice a year.  My colleague loved this book and found it hilarious.  But she's in a different place in her life...  So, would I recommend this book?  Nope.  But I know someone who enthusiastically gives it two thumbs up...

No comments:

Post a Comment