Thursday, September 27, 2012

Book 30: This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer

This is the third and final (?) book of this apocalyptic tale of the world post-devastation.  This book brings together the two characters from the first two books a year after the moon was hit by an asteroid and moved closer to Earth. 

I really liked this series, although it was terrifying because the scenario seems so plausible.  As I've probably stated before, my biggest fear is surviving the end of the world.  I think that the author is very realistic and my only critique would be that the writing is a little simplistic...but that makes sense when you realize that the book is supposed to be the journal entries of a 16 year old.  She is definitely not the precocious narrator that many YA authors use to cover their own misunderstanding of what a teenager is really like. 

I would recommend this series for other lovers of YA fiction.  It's a quick read and fascinating, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment